Medical Assessments are completed to ensure an employee is fit to work in a certain environment and can fulfil the requirements of a certain role.
This assessment provides the employer with a baseline health assessment of a potential employee.
The standard Pre-Employment Medical consist of – $135 + GST
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Doctor reviews the medical history questionnaire
- Doctor reviews:
- Basic musculoskeletal examination
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Respiratory examination
- Cardiovascular examination
- Oral and ears
- Drugs and Alcohol Screen- $72 + GST
An onsite Urine Drug test Screen detects up to 7 drug classes + alcohol + opiates derived from foods containing poppy seeds. These drugs are: Amphetamine (speed), Benzodiazepine (e.g. Valium), Cocaine (coke), Methamphetamine (ecstasy, ICE), THC (cannabis) Opiates (heroin)
Negative and Non-Negative tests:
- Negative result: No drugs and/or alcohol was detected in the provided sample
- Non-Negative result: This is when there was a drug metabolite detected in the initial test
This does not confirm that a drug in the sample. To confirm drugs within the specimen, the initial specimen must be sent to a NATA accredited laboratory. This will confirm drug concentration and if the result may be a from medication or food use, or from illicit drug use. This cost is: $150
Electrocardiogram (ECG) – $65 + GST
Detects irregularities of the heart rhythm
Lung Function Tests (Spirometry) – $45 + GST
A Spirometry measures the amount of airflow and obstruction. This test is used to assess for possible asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).
Hearing Test (Audiometry) – $60 + GST
This assessment provides a baseline hearing test which could limit liability for future hearing loss claims. It is a requirement for workers who use hearing protectors to undergo an Audiometry assessment before starting, and to be reassessed every two years.